Tuesday 23 August 2011

Unforgettable moment

I am sure everyone has unforgettable moment in life. As for me, I do have many sweet memories especially moments I cherished with my lovely family and warm friends.. up until I had choosen to undergo national service first intake, which is I consider the most unforgettable moments in my life. I will never forget every seconds I had there.. multi racial friends which is sarawakian,sabahan, and also friends from my state especially from bangi,kajang, and banting..

I still remember when I was spending my time with my mom at our mini garden outside the house,the postman came and gave me the letter.. On that time, I feel really really sad as I’v e always praying that I will not being choosen but what can I do, my wish destroyed.. I really have bad feeling in joining national service because I heard many terrible stories.. some said that you will get punished even you just do a light mistake.. also I heard the trainers are scary and the activities are also very extreme.. so not me, I really hate outdoor games.

But the sad part of my life ended two weeks after joining national service.. I started to felt something really precious and also started to felt happy. Surrounds by friends and trainers instead of family at home where I used to really change myself to become more independent person. Before this I always rely on my parents even to do a single simple work, I never stayed apart from my family for not longer than 3 days. I made many friends and they were really friendly and helpful. So, everytime I faced difficulties in order to adapt myself into the situation,they helped me a lot. Despite, the trainers are also very warm.They welcomed any trainee who need help to meet them, who says the trainers are scary, they really need to correct their thought.

Besides that, I would like to tell you that we eat 6 times a day, and different from my thought, the foods prepared by them are really delicious and nutricious. No wonder my mom said I looks fatter after finishing the programme back then. Last but not least, I have changed my opinion towards outdoor games. I did many interesting games in ns such as marching,flying fox,jungle trekking, canoeing, road run and many more. One that I found myself smiling is when I joined marching formations for the closing ceremony. It was really awesome, although we were tired practiced it all day long to ensure that all 8 formations shown clearly. I really enjoyed every moments there,laughing with friends everytime we made mistake, and when we really confuse with the steps, and everyone showed ‘blur’ faces, thinking of that memories, I can’t help myself but laughing.

15 march 2011 is the last day of my day in Millennium Camp,Beranang. Everyone cried a lot especially our fellow friends from Sabah and Sarawak during farewell party. We promised to keep in touch forever, and we keep the promise, we still friends up until now. Lastly, I really support this programme to be continues until next generation as I gain many enjoyable experiences and make we realise how important unity in the community is.

.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Syafira. I truly enjoyed reading about your unforgettable moment. I am glad that you had a good time in National Service. You really seem to be having a lot of fun in the pictures you posted. Reading your blog entry made me regret not being chosen to participate in the programme as well. I would love to have the chance to experience everything you went through during that three month stint.I never really had the chance to participate in activities such as marching, flying fox, jungle trekking, canoeing and road run back in school. But the way you described them, they sure sound challenging yet fun! It is nice to know that you are still keeping in touch with your friends that you made there. May your friendships last forever! =)

    ReplyDelete